My Photo
Name:
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States

Not content with the ordinary. Searching for the supernatural.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Okay, I am going . . .

For those of you who had not already guessed as much, I have decided to go
to Swaziland. I am still learning what that will entail. I know that we
are going to try and spend a day or two at a Compassion site in one of the
surrounding countries when we first arrive since one of our goals is to
prepare Swaziland for Compassion International to be able to come in. We
will also be laying the groundwork for orphanages in a number of villages.
Some of this will be relational and involve personal ministry to the
orphaned children and church members and some will be practical. We are
hoping to have a couple of construction savvy people join our team. My
building skills are less than par, during our building project in Mexico I
spent a lot of time mixing water and sand in a wheelbarrow to make cement.
They didn't trust me with tools. :-)

I have started a page on my website http://jeanniehughes.com/Missions.html
specifically to keep people informed and updated regarding the trip (and
possible future endeavors in Thailand), so bookmark this page if you are
interested in knowning more because I don't want to keep spamming you.
:-)

I will send out (and post on the website above) a proper donation letter
around the first of the year.

First Prez Honolulu and Pastor Dan are supporting and sending out this
team, but we are raising money on our own. Emmanuel Naz (the church I
grew up in) has agreed to "sponsor" me by collecting donations to cover my
expenses. This way your donations are tax deductable and I have a better
accountability trail. If you really want to know more about that
confusing stuff, let me know.

Thanks for all your prayers!
Jeannie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home