My Photo
Name:
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States

Not content with the ordinary. Searching for the supernatural.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Swaziland Prep

Aloha all. I know that it has been a while since I have updated you on
what is happening with the trip to Swaziland. Unfortunately my health has
been acting up just enough this spring to keep me from doing the extras.
Nothing serious, thankfully.

We are planning to depart for Swaziland, Africa on June 15 and return to
Honolulu on July 17. We have chosen the church who will host the first
Children's Home, have contractors in place and things are moving right
along.

I have been quite blessed that with investing very little time
fundraising, I have seen $3,800 come in. I am so blessed! The original
amount required was $4,050. I still have $500-$1,000 in incidental
expenses like my passport, medical insurance and other misc items that
must be taken care of when you are out of the country for a month. :-)
But God has been so gracious to provide so far that I am convinced that he
will continue to do so. For those of you who have already made donations,
but have not received a Thank You card, I promise that I will have one out
soon. The donations were sent to my home church and I have not yet
received the full list of donors.

Obviously, I won't turn down more donations if that is what God asks you
to do, but that is not the purpose of this email. It is time to gather
together a prayer team of those who will be committed to praying for me
and the trip.

Let me know if you want to be on my prayer team and I will send out the
first email with specific requests next week. I am convinced that it will
be the power of God alone to pull Swaziland out of the crisis they are
currently in. And what better way to feed that power than through the
prayers of His people.

Thank you all for your encouragement as I go. I am blessed to have you.


Be Blessed!
Jeannie Hughes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home